Today is the 10th episode of the podcast! It’s a solo show, and the theme is mental health.
This is a subject that I really wanted to talk about in the podcast, because it can impact many artists. Research has found that people in the creative industry are 3 times more likely to suffer from mental health problems. In this episode, I talk about the factors that might make artists more likely to develop these issues, and I give some advice to help prevent them.
You can listen to the episode here:
- The Part-Time Artist Website: https://theparttimeartist.com
- Blog post – The Art of Pitching Your Ideas: https://theparttimeartist.com/the-art-of-pitching-your-ideas/
- Music: Shuffle Through the Night by TeknoAXE, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
You can win a signed copy of The Part-Time Artist. To enter, leave a review on iTunes and let me know you have done it on social media!
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-part-time-artist-podcast/id1459163150
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CelineTerranova
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/celineterranova/
Mental Health Links:
- Study from Ulster University: https://www.inspirewellbeing.org/media/9241/changing-arts-and-minds-creative-industries-summary.pdf
- Mind UK: https://www.mind.org.uk/
- The Samaritans: https://www.samaritans.org – UK Line: 116 123 – Email: Joe@samaritans.org
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ – 1-800-273-8255.
- International Association for Suicide Prevention: https://www.iasp.info/
Céline is an author passionate about helping fellow artists reach their potential and live a happy, balanced life.