The show where artists from various fields talk about their story, their daily life and their struggles! The podcast is all about how to survive as an artist, how to find the time to create, how to set up your creative business and much more.
Podcast episodes are posted every other Tuesday. You can view and subscribe to the feed here:
You can listen & subscribe to it on your favourite podcast app:
Support the Show on Patreon!
Thank you to the awesome patrons for your support:
Episode 1: You Are Unique! With Joseph O’Reilly (09/04/2019)
For this first episode, I was very lucky to be able to interview one of the contributors for the book, musical theatre performer Joseph O’Reilly!
Together we talk about auditions, rejections and comparisons with other performers. You don’t want to miss this episode!
If you want to know more about Joseph, find him on Instagram.
Episode 2: Never Stop Learning, with Lauren Shields (23/04/2019)
In this episode, we talk about organising your time when you have a “muggle job”, why a good teacher can help young artists, and why drama school is not the only path, with my guest singer Lauren Shields.
Lauren is a singer and performer, and she’s one half of the cabaret duo The Diva List. She produces her own shows, and she juggles her singing activities with a busy day job. She was one of the contributors for the book, and has inspired my own routines and time management systems.
If you want to follow Lauren:
- Website: https://www.misslshields.co.uk/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MissLShields
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/misslshields/
Episode 3: How To Find Your Calling, with Juan Carlos Porcel (07/05/2019)
In this episode, we talk about using art as a therapy, teaching to young students, finding the things that inspire you and changing society’s perception of art, with my guest Juan Carlos Porcel.
Juan Carlos makes video games, comic books and replicas. He is also an art teacher, and a prolific Youtuber.
If you want to see his creations:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jcporcel
- Haters Comic: http://www.haterscomic.com/
- The Elder Props: http://elderprops.com/
Episode 4: Think Wide and Believe in Yourself, with Vicky Brewster (21/05/2019)
In this episode, we talk about building a creative business, dealing with taxes even when it’s painful, and feeling confident about your skills, with my guest editor Vicky Brewster.
Vicky is an editor based in South Wales, UK. She has an accounting background and is currently doing a PhD in English Literature.
If you want to follow Vicky:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VProofreader
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vickybrewstereditor/
- Website: https://vickybrewstereditor.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- Vicky’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/vickybrewstereditor
- The Writing Haunt: https://www.thewritinghaunt.com/
- The Writing Haunt on Crowdfunder: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-writing-haunt
Episode 5: Learn How to Persist, with Mia Hawk (04/06/2019)
In this episode, we talk about being a full-time artist, selling your art, persisting despite the obstacles and living a minimalist life, with my guest painter Mia Hawk.
Mia is a self-taught painter. She has been running her artist business for the past 4 years, and has sold thousands of t-shirts and prints of her original art work.
If you want to follow Mia:
- Website: www.miahawk.co.uk
- Crowdfunding Project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/extraordinary-women-a-painting-series#/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miaskyhawk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiaHawkART/
Episode 6: Just Start, with Grant Koper (18/06/2019)
In this episode, we talk about self-publishing a children’s book, marketing yourself as a artist, being diagnosed with HIV and writing as a therapy, with my guest Grant Koper.
Grant is the author of ‘The Day Granny’s Knickers Blew Away!’, a wonderful illustrated book for children. He is also a performer.
If you want to follow Grant:
Episode 7: Give Yourself Enough Time to Succeed, with Andy Robertson (02/07/2019)
In this episode, we talk about creating a thriving Youtube channel, crowdfunding an original book, working while having a family and taking the leap to create your own business, with my guest Andy Robertson.
Andy is a gaming journalist and a prolific Youtuber. He runs Family Gamer TV and freelances for Forbes, The Guardian and BBC. He is also a TEDx alumni.
If you want to follow Andy:
- Taming Gaming book: https://unbound.com/books/taming-gaming/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeekDadGamer
- Youtube Family Gamer TV: https://www.youtube.com/user/FamilyGamerTV
- Youtube Family Gamer Radio: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74IWX5w8ZzqR3uATSXrfaw
Episode 8: You Are More Than What You Create, with T.A. Hernandez
In this episode, we talk about finishing your first book, self-publishing vs traditional publishing, and mental health for creatives, with my guest T.A. Hernandez.
T. A. Hernandez is a science fiction and fantasy author and long-time fan of speculative fiction. She’s also an artist who does her own illustrations, and a mental health worker.
If you want to follow Tanni:
- Website: https://www.tahernandez.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ta_hernandez5
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ta_hernandez5/